make ahead for a perfect "on the go" breakfast. these are good.
oatmeal blueberry applesauce muffins
via joy the baker
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp canola oil (I used the almond oil I had on hand)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- i added about 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper cases or spray with nonstick cooking spray. I simple greased and floured a muffin pan, saving the paper.
In a large bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a medium bowl combine applesauce, buttermilk, sugar, oil and egg. Make a well in dry ingredients and add applesauce mixture. Stir until just moist. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
Bake for 16-18 minutes.